Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Liveabetes: The beginning


November is Diabetes Awareness month. I'm a bit behind on here, well like a year behind!! But, here I am!! And here we go!!
Today I"m thinking about where my blog name cam from, "Liveabetes". What seems like a lifetime ago, I lived in Wichita, KS and worked as membership rep (or whatever the title was for signing people up was then). I was home sick, and meeting new people all at once. If you know me already, you know I tend to be rather upbeat, hilarious, and straight forward - I mean REALLY blunt....but mostly hilarious. Well, at the gym I met Gruber and we became instant friends - well after I made fun of him for his; game, smack talk, "swagger", way with the ladies....you get the picture. All jokes aside, he is a fantastic friend, always has been! Mainly because we both have the ability to just tell it like it is. One day as we were talking about my Diabetes, he said it should be called "Liveabetes" because we live with it everyday. WOW!! We sure do!!


I've had a strong personality all my life, pretty sure I was born with it. It's a "take me as I am or move on" kinda thing, and I'm proud to be this way! This personality of mine is what stands up to my diabetes, and all the other auto-immune diseases I've collected.

Liveabetes really just sounds better, don't you think??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment