Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Blogging, Walking, Pods, & of course, GO ROYALS!!!


The JDRF One Walk last weekend was FANTASTIC!! Thank you again to all who donated to myself and my Team Liveabetes!! Thank you to my awesome hubby, superhero kiddo, and  to my fantastic friend Hesper for walking!! It meant so very much to have them there with me!!

After the walk, I happened to stop by the Omnipod Vendor table. I have been curious for a while about this "tubeless" pump, how does it work? does it work? What might life be like without tubing. Well, I set up a meeting with the rep, met yesterday, and even got a little demo (minus the insulin) of wearing a pod. I must tell you, it was amazing!!!

! I know I get frustrated from time to time with my mini-med pump, but I tend to convince myself that there is no other way so "suck it up Beth"! Turns out, I don't really have to suck it up, there is something better!!! Maybe it's time to cut the tube!! While I await the call from Insulet to go over the ever important $$$ part, I can't help but imagine what life could be like without the tube. 

A girl can dream.... 
No more planning what I wear around wear the pump can be clipped
No more meltdowns when I can't  make an outfit work with my stupid pump (yes this happens.....likely during high blood sugar)
No more taking the pump off for swimming, and trying to figure out where to put it
No more taking the pump off for running/working out
No more worrying about the tubing getting caught and ripping out (OUCH!!!)
No more shooting the needle in and flinching...it inserts for you!
There are so many "No Mores" but these are the top ones so far.

New, fun, or just about any gadget that makes my life with T1D easier makes me so excited I go all teenage girl squealing excited.....It's super nerdy.

Type 1 is hard, real hard. Scary, life threatening hard. As in every once in a while, a full on "why me, this isn't fair, I don't want this anymore", crying sometimes sobbing pity party happens to me. Type 1 NEVER goes away, did I mention NEVER EVER. I do feel it is partly to blame for my over the top level of sarcastic humor (the other part is just good genes!!) SO, when the pity party fit ends, I look for things to amuse me, and there are a ton!! Here is one I found today. These are all right on target!!

http://www.healthline.com/health/diabetes/would-understand

I hope to keep up with the blogging, to share what I go though, and to help me deal with it all. Follow my blog people!! At the very least you will be mildly entertained....I hope. Heck, you might even learn something about Diabetes that you didn't know!


The next super exciting tale will be soon, I promise! In the meantime, GO ROYALS!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment